I cannot believe Christmas is only 25 days away! Time seems to fly lately. I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. I know I have so much to be thankful for! We didn't get to go home this year because we wanted to have more time at home during Christmas, so my family came to do Thanksgiving here with us. It was my first Thanksgiving at my own house. It was lots of fun preparing and cooking. Me and Mom combined our efforts in the kitchen and I have to say everything came out wonderfully! I cooked my first turkey and it was delicious. I read online about brining your turkey before you cook it and it turned out so yummy and juicy! We have now decorated the house for Christmas thanks to help from the whole family. Emma had fun helping decorate the tree and Hagan likes messing with the lights. It was so nice having family here and we already miss them! Hagan is now only 16 days from being a year old. I can't believe it! It makes me sad he is growing so fast. He is so much fun though and such a great natured baby. He is ALWAYS happy! He is loving real food these days and helped us finish off our Thanksgiving feast! Emma is so funny and we just laugh at everything she says. We have already started doing Elf on The Shelf with her this year and she has really gotten into it. Every morning she gets up to see where the Elf is...when she finds him she says "he flewed away again last night to go talk to Christmas Claus so he can bring me presents". She named the elf Powkli. Who knows where she came up with that name but she did! Hope you all enjoy the Holidays and Remember the Reason for the Season! We can't wait to see all of you at Christmas-time!! 






Sunday, November 30, 2008
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!
Posted by Alison McCormick at 11/30/2008 05:40:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























2 comments:
Okay - I've been interested in trying a brine....where did you find it? Of course I'd like to try the recommendation of someone who's tried it rather than just picking one! Looks like you all are doing great! Have a happy season!
It was REALLY easy...I put one cup of course salt and 1 cup of sugar per 2 gallons of water. Fill it until it covers the turkey and then refridgerate like that for about 8-9 hours. Hope you have a great Holiday Season as well!
Post a Comment